Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Consequences of Writing Investigative Research Paper

Did anyone read my controversial research paper? If you didn't, the conclusion is this: We are heading to the Great Depression II. I am glad that our country has the freedom of speech. If I were in some politically-controlled countries, I probably got arrested long time ago. I didn't want to shock anyone, but it was my conclusion based on the research, not just speculation.

I know my conclusion is going against what majority of economists and experts say. But remember, they also didn't predict the current depression. They don't even agree that we are in depression. Why am I taking the lonely road? I take stands on what I believe in, and I am not afraid of political oppression. So, I can basically offer the truth to people, and believe it or not, the truth is based on the research.

I have already created controversy among my acquaintances and family members. They argue that I am wrong and I am using biased research sources. Imagine my paper being published in the school newspaper. I think most professors and students want to throw rocks at me. I honestly wrote this paper knowing that it is a controversial topic. I guess it is my attempt to let people know that the worst has yet to hit the society. But people don't listen and I and other "Dr. Dooms" have to suffer more criticism. I remember that happy moment when people thought I and other "Dr. Dooms" were genius; however, no one really wanted to hear the bad news any longer.

My paper contains some contents that were shared by people whose name cannot be revealed to protect them. One of the tutors who helped me with this paper told me that why I was taking risk to write a research paper. He felt that my paper was similar to investigative journalism. I think this is the way I fulfill my past dream of becoming a journalist and I am pushing myself to it. Yes, I was so into the topic that I spent over 45 hours for this paper. I know it sounds crazy to spend that much time for a paper, but I was very passionate about what I was doing, and my paper hopefully has shown that. My favorite tutor, Katrina, told me that this paper looked like a dissertation, not a research paper. I studied and read many journals on the subject to attack the experts, and Katrina probably saw that in addition to the massive amounts of information that I was trying to fit into this short paper. I thank Katrina for not calling it a junk.

My paper brought negative consequences to the society and me. I am facing criticism every time I talk about this topic and the society is mourning on the news of the Great Depression II. I am proud of what I have done and I will do it again as long as it could save more people.

No comments:

Post a Comment