Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Topoi

Dr. "Coach" has taught me how to use and apply topoi to the writing process. Honestly, I doubted whether it would help me to write better papers, but I later realized that it would really help me. Let's put it this way. Topoi has taught me how to apply different view points to my paper. His topoi tool has explanations on how to apply different lenses such as contrast, values, cause/effect, change and form/structure.

I applied the cause/effect lens to my topic, economic downturn. With the lens, I realized that I forgot to include college students who would face many uncertainties because of the downturn. Thanks to topoi, I added a paragraph addressing how the downturn has impacted new college graduates on their job search.

Wow,topoi is so great that I am now using it to develop my paper. Using topoi definitely helps me to write a paper that is not one-sided or biased. Try topoi and you will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment